Monday, March 22, 2010

I am Smiling with Love

"I am smiling with love..." What does this mean? As I sit at my desk and wonder what it means I become distracted by an interaction outside my window that is obviously between two lovers. The man hugs the woman, gives her a kiss, smiles at her and she in turn smiles back. Then it comes to me, this interaction that I have just witnessed explains this quote so well.



A smile closes the distance between two people, it says things when words are not available. This man and woman were smiling with love at each other. They may or may not have verbally said 'I love you' but one can see that their smiles communicate that they care about each other.

I personally love smiles. I love it when people are smiling it makes me smile also. This kind of smile is a sort of prayer. It means 'I am smiling with love' at you, you are important and I love you whoever you are. I believe that when we do something for someone else and they smile we have touched their soul. This is my goal starting now: to smile with love as much as possible each day regardless of if the smile is for a stranger or a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment