Saturday, September 25, 2010

Great Success

Yesterday my roommate and I decided we were going to go camping.. just the two of us. Bonding at its finest. We had been planning this trip all week so when Friday rolled around I was ready to go and forget about the stressful week I had. Well little did we know this simple camping trip was going to be more than we bargained for...

Around 2pm it started to downpour but, not to worry, it was supposed to blow over so we just decided to pack up and go as planned to my grandma's land. Well I call to let her know we are on our way and she has the biggest fit in the world about 'No Fire!' and 'people just showing up.' So this left us packed with no place to go. We run inside and find a place in Bardstown then head out.


On our way we get stuck in 30min of traffic before we even get out of town. Finally relief we get moving, 13miles out of Bardstown we see a wreck. Perfect. We sit there for 30 more minutes then finally make it to the site. Shew... ok. We get out our stuff and get my tent out...O my gosh it is made for a small child... so off to walmart to buy another tent. We make it back and I get started on the fire while she sets up her tent. The fire won't start... AWESOME..

Reghann tries and I try for about 30 min. We decide it is not something we can give up on.. Our problem, we needed a beer. Got the beer out, bug spray, and a prayer from Reghann 'Dear Jesus, light this fire. Amen' and we were set. The fire lit and we were all prepared finally for the night ahead. We had a few beers and went to sleep.

Today: we got up, went to my old kentucky home, heaven hill, nature, my gmas, home for dinner. now nap! perfect end to a perfectly funny weekend! Great Success. Great times with great friends and lots of laughter! Sherry 43!

No comments:

Post a Comment