Monday, January 31, 2011

My Everything?

Here lately I have been thinking about what that means. There is a song that says "shes everything to me" by Brad Pasley and it got me evaluating my relationships. I have come to realize one of the worst feelings is when you love a person and they don't love you back. Also it is tough and uncomfortable when you are the one who can't love them back. I have recently had to tell someone this and I just couldn't find the right words to say. He told me he loved me and swore I loved him back. To this, I told him he was crazy and that I couldn't believe he even assumed something like this. It was only later on that day, when I was driving home, that the words came to me:

I love you, I do. I care about you in a way that's love. I love everything about you. I love the way you're so stubborn even when you know you're wrong. I love how strong in your faith you are and how you are set in your ways. You're just not the right everything for me.


So, in these few moments I realized that I did know what I wanted. That I wasn't just running from something I genuinely felt this way. This was divine intervention, I'm so thankful for that moment of wonderful fleeting thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment