Friday, February 1, 2013

Decorate Your Soul

The drive I had into work this morning was nothing short of breathtakingly beautiful. All of the schools were out and there were not many cars on the road making it easy to slip into serenity with the icy painting surrounding me. The road was white with salt, snow and ice and the ground was speckled with snow and places where the green grass was peaking out. The sun was rising, turning the hillsides pink and purple with light. When I woke this morning, I could have been upset I had to work on such a cold day but instead I realized I needed to embrace the beauty the day would provide. Like the quote says “Don’t wait for someone to bring you flowers. Plant your own garden and decorate your own soul.” I think it is so important that we nurture our souls everyday giving them the TLC they need and deserve to become whole. My simple yet wholesome exercise for my soul this morning was to appreciate the beauty within the icy cold day around me. Decorate your soul. 


No comments:

Post a Comment