Friday, February 15, 2013

Selfless Love

"Even after all this time the Sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me." Look what happens with a love like that. It lights the whole sky..." Author Unknown. This quote is such a great representation of a perfectly selfless love. A love that puts faith in God and others and knows that there is a plan. As a part of nurturing my soul, I am going to try to love selflessly everyday. This is a hard task sometimes especially with frustration at work. I think, that with all the gifts we receive daily, this will be a task that is worth attempting. 

Valentine's Day was a perfect reminder of those people in my life who are best at this. My mom, for example, is the first person who comes to mind. She lives her life to serve her family without complaint and always with a smile on her face and full of joy no matter what the task. The second is my dad. He has worked his whole life to build a foundation for his family and support them in all they do. 

Heading into spring, I will keep the well known quote in mind :) Happy Sunny Days!


No comments:

Post a Comment