Monday, April 12, 2010

April 12th

So, today has been not one of the best so in an effort to redirect my focus I decided to write a blog. I have been browsing around trying to find something to write about and I found a list of the most beautiful words in the English language. This list is amazing! I love learning new things especially new words, there's nothing like expanding your vocab! I considered writing a poem with them but that wouldnt be as much fun because you wouldnt know what it meant! So, here are some of my favorites:

 
  1. Ambience- atmosphere. vibe.
  2. Ambrosia- food of the gods. something that smells and tastes wonerful.
  3. Cadence- Accent. inflection. tone.
  4. Cascade- flow. fall. gush. surge.
  5. Enigma- mystery. puzzle. riddle.
  6. Maisma- mist. haze. fog. murk. cloud
  7. Beguile- entice. lure. charm. captivate. mesmerize. facinate. enthral.
  8. Coalesce- unite. combine. come together.
  9. Arcane- mysterious. secret. deep. hidden. unknowable.
  10. Bacchanalian- boisterous/ drunken festivity.
  11. Ebullient- happy. cheefrul. fun. jovial.
  12. Idyllic- peaceful. tranquil. restful. calm. relaxing. pleasant.
  13. Impassioned- emotional.
  14. Languid- relaxed. lazy. lethargic. sleepy. graceful. slow moving.
  15. Quixotic- idealistic. romantic. unrealistic. dreamy.
  16. Tempestuous- stormy. passionate. emotional. turbulent.
These words are just some that struck me as interesting. Do with them what you wish :O)

1 comment: